- Data Control and Responsibility
Personal data identifies you as a person, such as your name, postal address, email address or telephone number. It allows us to know who you are
- Use of Our Services
- What Information Do We Collect?
3.1 Information You Provide Us
3.1.1 We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. In general, we collect information from you through:
- Using any of our Services, including registering for a User Account through the Site(s)
- Making a purchase from us of any of the products and services on our Site(s), including registering and enrolling in any Online Course
- Signing up for email updates
- Uploading or posting to public forums included through the Services
- Submitting requests or questions to us via forms or email
- Requesting customer support and technical assistance
The types of data we collect directly from you include:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address
- Log-in credentials, if you register a User Account with us
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us, such as your shipping address. Please note, however, that we do not collect, store, or transmit financial account information. Instead, we use third-party payment processors to process our payments
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
- Demographic information, such as your gender, socio-economic status, and other personal information
- Information you provide to us in connection with any application or admissions process, including, for example, educational and work experience, prerequisite knowledge, any pre-assessment you complete, your goals, and other information
- User-generated content you upload or post to public forums through the Services. Information needed in order to comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Information from third parties about you in connection with any referral programs we may offer
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services.
3.1.2 Information Obtained Through Participation in Online Courses. If you desire to participate in an Online Course, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such an Online Course. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address. CriticalSkills360, or its third-party service providers, may also collect certain information from you in conjunction with assignments, exams and other assessments related to the Online Course, information to (a) verify or authenticate your identity or submissions made by you, such as a signature for a test or assignment log, a photograph or recording of you (e.g., using a webcam) or information included on a government issued or other photo identification card or document, or (b) monitor your performance during an exam to confirm that you are abiding by the applicable test rules or requirements (e.g., confirming that you are not using prohibited resources). CriticalSkills360 may also collect information from you or about your performance or accomplishments related to the course, such as quiz/exam scores, grades, project evaluations, teacher evaluations and other evaluations of your performance or accomplishments.
3.1.3 Profiles and Career Services. You can choose to share additional information, such as your work experience, resume and transcript, your picture, and answers to questions about your experience, studies and work preferences, when you create a professional profile through the career services we offer through our Services. You can also share information by updating your Profile, uploading documents, or answering questions or surveys we email you or present to you through our Services. Collectively, the professional profile and the materials you provide through the career services are referred to as simply your “Profile.”
Please note, that by electing to make your Profile public, you acknowledge that:
- Your Profile and all the included information, materials, documents and pictures will be shared with, and publicly viewed by, other third parties also accessing the career services portal and the Services (including without limitation, potential employers, recruiters, other students or persons, and us);
- Employers and other third parties accessing the career services portal can contact you via your email address (or any other contact information you have provided in your Profile); and
- You and We can share your Profile and all the included information, materials, documents and pictures with employers, recruiters or career related third parties.
3.2 Information We Collect Through Automated Means
3.2.1 Analytics Information
We also use or may use these technologies to help us determine and identify repeat visitors, the type of content and sites to which a user of our Site(s) links, the length of time each user spends at any particular area of our Site(s), and the specific functionalities that users choose to use.
3.2.2 Online Advertising
We may allow third party companies, including advertising companies such as Google to place cookies on our website. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display ads and record your activities so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you as you browse the Internet. These Cookies store information about the content you are browsing together with an identifier linked to your device or IP address.
These Cookies also allow us and third parties to know whether you’ve seen an ad or a type of ad, and how long it has been since you’ve last seen it. This information is used for frequency capping purposes, to help tailor the ads you see, and to measure the effectiveness of ads. For more information about online advertising and how you can control or disable these cookies, please see our Cookies Policy.
3.2.3 Information We Collect from Social Media and Other Content Platforms
3.2.4 Referral Programs
We may offer certain Users the opportunity to refer (Referrers) their friends (“Referees”) to the Site through a third-party referral program whereby both Referrers and Referees may obtain credits or other rewards through such referrals. To the extent we offer such programs, the Referrers may share information about the Referees, including email addresses for the purpose of sharing the referral offer. We may also share the Referrer’s email and name with the Referee as well as provide the Referrer the confirmation of the Referee’s acceptance of the referral which may include Referee’s email in connection with providing any such referral program.
- How We Use The Information We Collect
4.1 Uses of Your information. We use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you and the specific services you use, in order to:
- Send you information in connection with the Services
- Respond to your communications and requests
- Manage and process Online Courses, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress and completion; administering exams, projects, and other assessments; verifying a User’s identity as part of a proctored exam or exit interview for an Online Course; and monitoring performance during an exam to confirm that you are abiding by the applicable testing rules or requirements
- Provide Services to you, such as services that you request in conjunction with the Online Courses
- Contact you by email or phone (including via SMS and WhatsApp messages) regarding CriticalSkills360 and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Customize the content we provide through the Services
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of the Services
- Secure the Services
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
4.3 Aggregate/Anonymous Data We may aggregate and/or make anonymous any information collected through the Website so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/Anonymous Information”). We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, statistical analyses of Site(s) usage, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
- How We Share and Disclose Your Information
CriticalSkills360 will share your information in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We provide access to or share your information with operations and maintenance contractors and other third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, test proctoring, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
- Employers. We may share the information that we collect from you when you participate in an Online Course if the course is sponsored or paid for by your employer. For example, we may share with your employer pre-assessment results, the Online Courses you are interested in, your progress in the course, including project status, time spent actively involved in or with an Online Course or interacting with your Mentor, and/or evaluations and performance assessments. If you make your Profile public on the Website, and your employer has access to the Website, then your employer will have the ability to view your Profile information and materials. This information may be shared at any time during the course or afterwards.
- Educational Institutions and Scholarship Partners. If you are taking a course sponsored or associated with a particular Educational Partner (e.g., such as a university or scholarship/sponsored partner), we may share information about you and your performance with the university or scholarship partner, including to report on your progress in the course. Information shared with our Educational Partners will be subject to the privacy policies and procedures of such partners.
- Business Partners. With your consent, CriticalSkills360 may share information that can be used to directly contact you with third party business partners, such as companies that may be offering products or services or other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- Profiles and Career Services. If you make your Profile public, your information will be publicly accessible and further share with our network of hiring partners, including, without limitation, performance in online courses, demographic information (such gender), details of your Profile and other information related to your work experience and goals.
- Related Entities and Affiliates. We may share information with our affiliated companies that are under the common ownership or control of Veneka Power (Pvt)Ltd.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of CriticalSkills360’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, CriticalSkills360 will comply with such restrictions.
- Aggregate/Anonymous Information. From time to time, CriticalSkills360 may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about use of the Services, such as, but not limited to, publishing a report on usage trends or survey results, as well graduation rates, careers studies and success rates, and other demographic information provided to us by our Students. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
- Communications & Notification Preferences and Opting Out
We provide our Users with the opportunity to update their information or to opt out of having their contact information used for purposes not directly related to payment or servicing of your account.
If you are a Student and wish to opt out of any of the communications offered by CriticalSkills360, you may do so at any time. Log into your account, select the Settings page, and navigate to ‘Notification Preferences.’ From there, you can manage CriticalSkills360 communication subscriptions, including text message study reminders, mentor communications, Career Services support (if applicable), community notifications, and marketing and promotional communications by selecting or de-selecting any of the the methods from which you wish to opt out or opt in.
If you are not a Student, or wish to opt out through alternative means, you may opt out as follows:
- Contact us by email at support@CriticalSkills360.com
- Contact us via postal mail to CriticalSkills360, 4 Norest Heights, Quinton Road, Greystone Park. Harare, ZIMBABWE; Attn: CriticalSkills360 Support
Please identify the communication methods (e.g., phone, email, or SMS text message) by which you desire to stop receiving messages.
You may unsubscribe from our commercial or marketing email communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of such emails. If you have opted in to receive marketing text message communications from CriticalSkills360, you can opt out of those messages by following the instructions in those messages or by contacting us at the information provided above.
- Retention of Your Information
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. Generally, we permanently delete all personal data of a user 18 months after their last interaction with our Services and Sites.
- Third Party Links and Features
- Children’s Privacy
CriticalSkills360 is intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13 without legally-valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
- International Users
CriticalSkills360 stores information about visitors to our Sites and users on servers located outside your country of residence, including, but not limited to the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and/or these other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By submitting your data and/or using our services, you acknowledge and consent the transfer, storing, and processing of your information in and to the United States and these other countries.
As described above, CriticalSkills360 also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, service providers and others in countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, in accordance with applicable law. Such third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of services to you, the processing of transactions and/or the provision of support services. By providing us with your information, you acknowledge any such transfer, storage or use.
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
- How We Protect Your Information
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. CriticalSkills360 takes a variety of technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect your information from disclosure to or access by third parties. Please note that we do not guarantee the security of information, as no method of internet transmission or storage is completely secure. Also note that we may retain and store your information in our databases and systems even after your CriticalSkills360 account is deactivated as long as we have a legitimate purpose to do so and in accordance with applicable law.
- CriticalSkills360 Contact Information
Veneka Power (Pvt) Ltd t/a CriticalSkills360
Attn: Privacy 4 Norest Heigh Quinton Road, Greystone Park Harare, ZIMBABWE